Accountable: Why is it the best accounting app for businesses in Germany
Are you an entrepreneur living in Germany or do you have a side business? Do you need help with your accounts?
You are in the right place!
In this article I want to share my secret to keep my business finances in place. I use an app called Accountable. Have you heard of this app? In my opinion, it is the best accounting application for freelancers, entrepreneurs and small businesses in Germany.
I’ve been working as a graphic designer (freelancer) for more than 4 years and one of the things that I dislike the most, like most people, is the administrative side of my job: creating invoices, counting expenses, doing the VAT correctly, filing taxes… And if you add to this the fact that as a Spaniard, my German language skills are not quite there yet, the problem becomes much worse!
At first, I contacted several accountants (Steuerberater), but they were expensive and most of them couldn’t take care of my accounts. I also tried different accounting apps, but none of them were easy to use and didn’t have what I was really looking for.
I looked for a solution that was easy, inexpensive and that met my accounting needs as a freelancer. I know…difficult, don’t you think? Well, this is how I discovered Accountable. This app has saved me from the bottomless pit of the accounting world and I am still using it to do my accounts in Germany.
Accountable is a mobile application (in English!) which allows you to invoice your clients, control your expenses and know at all times how much VAT you owe. With this app you can:
- Send invoices to your customers based on any country
- Control all your expenses by just snapping photos of receipts
- Calculate the VAT at all times
- Income graphs with client and month filters
- It can connect with your bank account and automatically knows when your invoices have been paid and if you missed any expense
- It creates a document with the balance of your expenses and income and notifies you if you need to take any action.
Don’t you think it has everything a business owner will dream off?
Their website has plenty of information about what you can and cannot deduct in your business, a tax guide, a revenue simulator and an endless number of tips that will help you with your business finances.
In addition, one of the best things about this app is the user experience. It’s easy to use and intuitive, with all the documents in one place, which is not easy to find in other accounting apps. On top of that, the customer service offered by Accountable is 10/10. The support offered is incredible, their team answers all your questions and gives you any tip you may need.
Since it is a new app, it’s constantly improving their features. Because of this, sending them feedback and asking them whatever you consider relevant for your business accounts, it is crucial for the development and improvement of the app.
And the million-dollar question: how much does this app cost? The answer is: depending on what you want.
It has different plans depending on your needs:
- Free version: this one is limited to 5 documents per month, basic invoicing, real-time overview of your costs and profit, and export in CSV file.
- Basic plan: you can upload unlimited documents, sync one bank account, tax recommendations, PDF and CODA exports, and access to an accountant for only 90€/year (excl. VAT)
- Pro Plan: it has everything the basic plan has plus, 5 bank accounts linked, access to the web version, tailored P&L statement, income tax preparation, client & intra-EU listings and automatically generates VAT return. It costs 180€/ year (excl. VAT)
As any other service, it has extra costs:
- Tax question: 30€ (excl. VAT)
- Accounting review: 2,50€/doc (excl. VAT)
- Call with accountant (40 min): 60€ (excl. VAT)
- Income Tax 2020: 250€ (excl. VAT)
- Limited Company: 1,500€ (excl. VAT)
- Tax audit support: 90€/h (excl. VAT)
- Certified business plan: 500€ (excl. VAT)
- Certified proof of income: (excl. VAT)
With Accountable is like having my personal accountant in my pocket. I would have never dream of finding an app that takes care of my finances in this way and with great prices.
If you are looking for a software that takes care of your finances, you found it! I can’t recommend it enough. Go to your app store in your phone and download it, it is THAT easy.